Cranberry Vanilla Custard Tarts
1. Bake shells according to package instructions. Set aside.
2. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together sugar, cornstarch, and egg yolks.
3. In a large saucepan over medium high heat, add milk and cream. Split vanilla bean down the center and run the knife along the inside of the bean to remove vanilla seeds; add bean and seeds to milk. Bring milk to a gentle simmer, roughly 5 minutes. Remove vanilla bean.
4. Whisking continuously, slowly add warmed milk into egg mixture. Return mixture to the saucepan and cook over medium-high heat. Whisk until thickened and custard coats the back of a spoon, roughly 5-7 minutes. Pour custard into a medium sized bowl, cover and cool completely.
5. Using a piping bag generously fill each tart shell with custard. Garnish with 3 -4 sugared cranberries, white chocolate shavings and fresh mint leaves.
1. In a small saucepan, over medium high heat, melt 1/2 cup sugar with 1/3 cup water until thickened, for 8 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in and coat cranberries.
2. Using a slotted spoon remove cranberries and transfer to a parchment lined baking tray. Pour reserved sugar over cranberries, use a spoon to coat roll and coat cranberries.
Time & Prep: 30-35 minutes