1. Thaw tart shells according to package instructions.
2. Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
3. Lay bacon slices onto parchment lined baking tray and pour ¼ cup (60 mL) maple syrup over slices. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until browned. Cool completely, chop and set aside.
4. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together melted butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, maple extract and eggs until combined. Stir in pecans and fill each tart shell with the mixture.
5. Fill each tart shell with pecan mixture.
6. Increase oven temperature to 350°F. Bake tarts for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Top each tart with chopped bacon pieces. Serve warm
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes