Savoury Turkey Dinner Pie
1. Thaw pastry according to package instructions. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a small pot, boil water, potatoes and salt until potatoes are tender, 10-15 minutes. Strain water, place potatoes in a bowl with 2 tsp. of butter and mash with a fork. Set aside.
3. Prepare cranberry sauce and set aside. Follow instructions below.
4. In a skillet over medium high heat, cook turkey with 1 tbsp. of butter, garlic and sage, 8-10 minutes. Remove turkey from skillet and set aside in a bowl. Return skillet to heat and whisk together remaining butter and flour, cook for 2 minutes. Pour in cream, chicken stock and thyme, whisking continuously until gravy has thickened, roughly 5 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Pour . cup of gravy over cooked turkey, reserve remaining gravy for serving.
5. Unfold pastry onto your work surface and cut 4, 7-inch round circles. Discard remaining pastry. Transfer pastry with parchment paper onto a baking tray. Using a pairing knife, create a decorative pattern on the tops of two pastry circles. Place baking tray into freezer to firm up pastry, 5 minutes.
6. Remove baking tray from freezer. Divide sweet potato, peas and turkey between the two undecorated pastry rounds leaving a .-inch boarder. Top with 1 tbsp. cranberry sauce.
7. In a small bowl whisk together egg yolk and 1 tbsp. of cream, brush edges with a pastry brush. Place the remaining pastry rounds, decorative side up, on top of the cranberry sauce. Gently press down on sides to seal, use the tines of a fork to create a decorative seal. Brush the top pastry with egg wash. Poke two holes in the top and
bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Garnish with sage leaf and serve with extra gravy and cranberry sauce. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 50 minutes
1. In a mini food processor, add all ingredients and pulse together, keeping a chunky
consistency. Pour in to a bowl and set-aside until ready to use.
* In a small saucepot, warm reserved cranberry sauce and serve with pithivier’s.
Prep Time: 5 minutes