Skip to main content
Candy Apple Pops
- PREP TIME:
- BAKE TIME:
- TOTAL TIME:
- CANDY APPLE POPS INGREDIENTS
- 2 Tenderflake® Deep Dish Pie Shells
- 2 granny smith apples, washed and peeled
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) sugar
- 3 tbsp. (45 mL) flour
- 12 small bamboo sticks
- CANDY COATING INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup (250 mL) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) corn syrup
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) red food coloring
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- Thaw pie shells according to package instructions. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Dust your work surface with flour, remove the first pie shell from foil pie plate and place onto surface. Cut 3 circles using a 4-inch round cookie cutter, transfer to lined tray. Repeat with second pie shell, re-roll scraps to make 12 circles in total.
- In a small bowl mix together cinnamon and sugar. Using a melon baller, scoop out 12 apple rounds and toss in cinnamon sugar. Place one apple round into the center of each circle.
- Gently lift and wrap pastry around apple, folding and overlapping pastry to create a flower petal effect. Insert a bamboo stick into the center, press pastry down just under petals to hold the stick in place. Repeat with second pie shell.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and place into the freezer for 25- 30 minutes until pops are fully frozen. For candy coating, follow instructions below.
- Tips: Time & Prep: 45 minutes
- Candy Coating
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In a small saucepot over high heat, combine all ingredients. Use a candy thermometer to cook sugar until it reaches 310°F - reading Hard Crack Candy.
- Remove pot from heat. Working quickly and carefully, one at a time, dip the bottom half of frozen apple pop into coating. Allow excess candy coating to drip off. Place onto lined baking sheet and allow candy to set and harden.
- Serve and enjoy!
- * For a more decorative apple pop, why not try dipping the coated pops into something extra before it hardens! Try finely chopped nuts, toasted shredded coconut, mini chocolate chips, sprinkles or even toffee bits!
- Time & Prep: 30 minutes