Skip to main content
Caramelized Onion Tarts
- PREP TIME:
- BAKE TIME:
- TOTAL TIME:
- 1 Package Tenderflake® Tart Shells
- 15 ml Unsalted butter
- 10 ml Olive oil
- 1 Vidalia or sweet onion, thinly sliced
- Salt & pepper
- 125 ml Goat cheese, softened
- 15 ml Finely chopped chives
- 15 ml Finely chopped tarragon
- PREPARE tart shells as per package directions for unfilled tart shells. Remove from oven, set aside and cool.
- MELT unsalted butter and oil in a large fry pan. Add onions to pan, and cook over medium-low heat until caramelized, soft and golden, about 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- DIVIDE the softened goat cheese between the cooled tart shells. Top with the caramelized onion mixture and sprinkle fresh herbs over the top.