Cheese Pie With Sesame Honey
- PREP TIME:
- BAKE TIME:
- TOTAL TIME:
- 1/2 (397 g) Tenderflake® Frozen Puff Pastry, defrosted
- (300 g) Block Feta cheese
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Pepper
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) Honey
- 1 1/2 tbsp (22 mL) Sesame seeds
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F (200°C).
- ROLL the pastry to a 12×14" (30X35 cm) rectangle on a lightly floured surface with a lightly floured rolling pin. Prick the entire surface with a fork and cut the pastry into 8 equal rectangles.
- CUT Feta cheese into 4 rectangular slabs about 2œX4" (7×10 cm). Sprinkle with pepper and place a piece of cheese on each of 4 pastry rectangles. Lightly brush the edges with egg and place another pastry on top. Pinch the edges to seal. Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- ARRANGE on a serving plate and drizzle with honey. Sprinkle sesame seeds over top and serve.