Skip to main content
Chicken & Cheese Bundles
- PREP TIME:
- BAKE TIME:
- TOTAL TIME:
- 1 (150 g) Package PRIME® Fully Cooked Sliced Chicken Breasts, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) Grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 (397 g) Package Frozen Tenderflake® Puff Pastry, defrosted overnight in refrigerator
- 1 Egg, beaten
- COMBINE chicken and cheese and set aside.
- DIVIDE puff pastry into 2 halves. On a lightly floured surface roll each half into a 10 X 14 inch (25 X 35 cm) rectangle. Cut rectangles in half lengthwise to make four 5 x 14 inch (12 x 35 cm) strips. Place 1/4 of filling along a long edge of one pastry strip. Fold pastry over filling and roll into a tube shape. Seal edge with beaten egg. Place seam side down on a parchment lined baking sheet and brush with egg. Repeat with remaining pastry strips and filling.
- BAKE in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Refrigerate any leftovers and pack in lunches the following day.
- Experiment with other kid friendly fillings - chopped ham, pepperoni, Mozzarella cheese plus cooked or frozen vegetables they like.
- Serve with a side salad.