Chocolate Bar Ice Cream Pie
- PREP TIME:
- BAKE TIME:
- TOTAL TIME:
- 1 Tenderflake® Frozen Deep Dish Pie Shell
- 1 cup (250 mL) Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) 35% Whipping cream
- 1 ¼ cups (300 mL) Premium chocolate ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 ¼ cup (300 mL) Premium vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 4 (40-50 g) Your favourite chocolate bars, coarsely chopped
- BAKE pie shell according to package directions for a baked pie shell. Set aside to cool.
- MICROWAVE chocolate chips and cream on medium-high power (#7) for 2 minutes. Remove and stir until smooth. Brush bottom of baked and cooled pie shell with a layer of chocolate-cream mixture. Set aside until set. Reserve remaining melted chocolate mixture.
- SCOOP softened chocolate ice cream into pie; smooth surface. Top with half of chopped chocolate bar. Scoop softened vanilla ice cream into pie; smooth surface. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate bar and drizzle with remaining melted chocolate mixture.
- PLACE pie in freezer and chill for a minimum of 3 hours before serving.