Skip to main content
Chocolate Pecan Pie
- PREP TIME:
- BAKE TIME:
- TOTAL TIME:
- 1 Package TENDERFLAKE® Frozen Pie Shells
- 175 ml Pecan halves, divided
- 250 ml Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 150 ml Corn syrup
- 75 ml Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F (200°C).
- REMOVE frozen pie shells and place one on baking sheet. Set aside second pie shell.
- COARSELY chop œ cup (125 mL) of the pecans and set aside.
- MELT chocolate in double boiler or in microwave on MEDIUM for 2 to 3 minutes.
- COMBINE melted chocolate, corn syrup, sugar and eggs in a large bowl. Stir in chopped pecans.
- POUR mixture into pie shell. Arrange remaining pecan halves over top of filling.
- REMOVE remaining pie shell from foil and place on a floured surface, gently flattening edge.
- CUT festive shapes, using holly, star shaped, maple leafs etc. cookie cutters and arrange, slightly overlapping on edge of filled crust.
- BAKE in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F (180°C) and continue to bake for 20 minutes or until filling is set.
- ALLOW to cool before serving with ice cream or whipped cream. Refrigerate any leftovers.