Skip to main content
Dutch Apple Mummy Pie
- PREP TIME:
- BAKE TIME:
- TOTAL TIME:
- 5 cups (1.250 L) Apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Lemon juice
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) Flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) Brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Cinnamon
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) Cold butter
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Table cream (18%)
- 1 Package Tenderflake® Frozen Deep Dish Pie Shells, defrosted
- 1 Egg
- 2 Raisin or blueberries
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F (190°C).
- TOSS apples with lemon juice and set aside.
- COMBINE flour, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in the butter using a pastry blender or fingertips. Place apples in one of the pie shells, top with crumb mixture and drizzle with cream. On a lightly floured work surface, remove the second pie shell from the foil tray and using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll to 11" (27 cm) diameter. Using a pizza cutter or a very sharp knife, cut into œ" (1.25 cm) strips. Arrange the strips on top of the pie to look like a mummy wrap. Press the edges to seal. Whisk the egg and brush lightly over pastry. Insert raisins or blueberries for eyes peaking from the mummy wrap.
- BAKE for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and the apples are soft.