Fried Chicken and Gravy Pockets
- PREP TIME:
- BAKE TIME:
- TOTAL TIME:
- 1 pkg. of Tenderflake® Puff Pastry thawed
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) Corn Flakes Cereal crushed
- 1 cup (250 mL) pre-cooked chicken shredded
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) pepper
- 2-½ tbsp. (38 mL) pre-made chicken gravy
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) milk
- 2 cups (500 mL) vegetable oil for frying
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) Sea salt flakes
- ½ cup (125 mL) sweet and sour chili sauce for dipping
- In a small bowl stir chicken and pepper together and set aside.
- Place 1 cup of crushed cereal on surface and place pastry block on top. With a lightly floured rolling pin, flatten pastry into the cereal. Flip pastry over and add remaining cereal to your surface; continue to roll. Continue flipping and rotating pastry creating a 10×10 1/4 inch thick square. Cut 4 circles using a 4-inch round cookie cutter.
- Spoon 1 tsp. of gravy into the center of each circle and top with chicken, roughly 1tbsp. Whisk egg yolk and milk in a small dish and lightly brush pastry edges: fold pastry in half and pinch the edges to seal. Using a fork, press down on the edges to create a tighter seal.
- Heat oil to 375F. Fry each pocket for approx.1 minute until golden brown. Remove from fryer and place on top of paper towel and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Repeat steps 3-5 with remaining pastry. Serve pockets warm with dipping sauce.