Skip to main content
- PREP TIME:
- BAKE TIME:
- TOTAL TIME:
- 2 boxes Tenderflake Deep Dish pie shells
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup (250 mL) raspberry or strawberry jam
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Roll out pie shells on a lightly floured surface until flat. Using a 2-inch (5 cm) star cookie cutter, cut out 12 stars from each pie shell. Repeat with remaining pie shells. Use a 1-inch (2.5 cm) star cutter to cut a star from the center of half of the stars (24). Reroll scraps to cut remaining stars. Transfer all of the stars to the baking sheets and brush with egg.
- Bake in the top and bottom third of the pre-heated oven for about 10 -12 minutes, rotating pans halfway through for even browning. Remove from oven when golden and transfer to rack to cool completely.
- Put a spoonful of jam in the centre of each full star. Top with stars with the cutouts. Dust generously with icing sugar.