Mexicali Scramble Patty Shells
- PREP TIME:
- BAKE TIME:
- TOTAL TIME:
- 1 (300 g) Package Tenderflake® Frozen Patty Shells
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Butter
- 6 Eggs, beaten
- 3 Dinner size sausages, cooked and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Chunky salsa
- 1/3 cup Grated Monterey Jack cheese
- ¼ cup (50 mL) Crushed tortilla chips
- BAKE patty shells according to package directions.
- MELT butter in a large pan over medium-low heat. Add eggs and stir until they just begin to scramble, 2-3 minutes. Add sausage and cook for another minute. Stir in cheese and salsa and remove from heat.
- DIVIDE egg mixture between 6 baked patty shells. Top with crushed tortilla chips and serve immediately.
- Great way to use up leftover sausages.
- Serve with a tossed salad for breakfast or dinner.