Pepperoni Pizza Pinwheels
- PREP TIME:
- BAKE TIME:
- TOTAL TIME:
- 1/2 (397 g) Package Tenderflake® Puff Pastry, defrosted
- ¼ cup (60 mL) Pizza sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) Thinly sliced pepperoni
- ¾ cup (175 mL) Grated Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Finely grated Asiago cheese
- 1 Egg, beaten
- ROLL out puff pastry on a lightly floured work surface to form a 9" X 12" (23 X 30 cm) rectangle. Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- SPREAD pastry with pizza sauce leaving a 1" (2.5 cm) strip on one of the longer edges. Layer the pepperoni over the sauce and top with grated cheeses. Lightly brush the bare edge with egg.
- STARTING at the sauced long edge roll the pastry into a log, as tight as possible. Roll log tightly in parchment paper and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F (200°C). CUT roll crosswise into 1/4" (1 cm) rounds. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.