Puff Pastry Rolled Asparagus
- PREP TIME:
- BAKE TIME:
- TOTAL TIME:
- 1/2 Pkg (397 g) Package Tenderflake® Puff Pastry
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 14 Stalks asparagus
- PREHEAT oven to 425°F (220°C).
- ROLL out puff pastry on a lightly floured surface with a floured rolling pin to a 10" X 12" (25 X 30 cm) rectangle.
- TRIM pastry edges and cut puff pastry into Ÿ inch (2 cm) strips, about 9" (23 cm) long using a sharp knife or a pizza cutter. Brush the strips lightly with egg and sprinkle with cheese.
- TRIM bottom stems of the asparagus to make 6" (15 cm) spears. Wrap the puff pastry around the asparagus in a spiral fashion to completely cover the asparagus. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and brush with remaining egg. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired.
- BAKE in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.