Skip to main content
Quesadilla Handheld Pies
- PREP TIME:
- BAKE TIME:
- TOTAL TIME:
- 2 TENDERFLAKE® Frozen Deep Dish Pie Shells
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) MAPLE LEAF Prime Fully Cooked and Sliced Chicken Breast or leftover chicken chopped into ¼ inch (5 mm) dice
- 1/3 cup (150 mL) Grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Salsa
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Sour cream
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 Egg, beaten
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F (200°C).
- REMOVE pie shells from freezer and allow to thaw at room temperature for 10 - 15 minutes.
- MIX together chicken, cheese, salsa and sour cream. Season with pepper and set aside.
- REMOVE pie shells from foil, and gently flatten onto clean, flat, lightly floured work surface. If cracks appear in pastry, press together and repair using fingers moistened with water. Cut out four 3-1/2 inch (9 cm) rounds from each pie shell.
- DIVIDE chicken mixture evenly between the 8 pastry rounds mounding the mixture on one half of each round, leaving a Œ inch (5 mm) edge.
- BRUSH edges of pastry around the filling with beaten egg. Fold pastry over filling to create a half moon shape. Gently press edges together and crimp with a fork. Brush tops with beaten egg.
- BAKE for 12-15 minutes, or until pastry is golden. Allow pies to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with salsa, sour cream and guacamole.
- Sprinkle extra cheese on pies before baking.