Skip to main content
- PREP TIME:
- BAKE TIME:
- TOTAL TIME:
- 1 box of Tenderflake® Pie Shells
- ¼ cup (60 mL) butter, cold
- ¼ cup (60 mL) sugar
- ¼ tsp. (1.25 mL) baking powder
- 1 vanilla bean seed
- ½ cup (125 mL) flour plus 2 tbsp. (15 mL)
- 1 lg. egg
- 1½ cup (375 mL) fresh rhubarb, chopped
- ¼ cup (60 mL) icing sugar
- 3 tsp. (15 mL) milk
- ¼ tsp. (1.25 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Break up frozen pie shells and add them to a food processor. Pulse until crumbled. Add butter, sugar, baking powder and vanilla bean seeds pulsing until combined.
- Spoon mixture out into a large mixing bowl. Add œ cup (125 mL) of the flour and chopped rhubarb. In a small bowl whisk egg and pour over mixture. Gently kneed together until ingredients are fully combined.
- Dust work surface with remaining flour. Place dough onto surface and form into a 7 inch round disk. Cut dough into 6 triangles. Transfer triangles onto prepared baking tray and bake for 40 minutes.
- In a small microwavable bowl melt white chocolate chips and drizzle over warm scones.