Sausage And Puff Pastry Turnovers
- PREP TIME:
- BAKE TIME:
- TOTAL TIME:
- 1 Pkg Schneiders® Country Naturals® Mild Tuscan Countryside Sausage, casings removed
- 1 Small onion, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) Diced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Diced potato
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Chopped fresh thyme (or ½ tsp (2 mL) dried)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Pkg Tenderflake® Frozen Puff Pastry, defrosted
- 1 Egg, beaten
- HEAT a large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and cook, breaking into small pieces with the back of a wooden spoon until no pink remains. Add onion, mushrooms and potatoes and cook 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Stir in thyme, salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- PREHEAT oven to 400?F (200?C).
- ROLL out each half of the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface to a 12" X 12" (25 cm X 25 cm) square. Using a pizza cutter or a sharp knife cut each square into 4 squares.
- DIVIDE sausage mixture between pastry squares. Brush edges of pastry squares with beaten egg and fold pastry over filling into a triangle shape. Using fingers or a fork gently press edges to seal. Place on a parchment lined baking tray. Brush with remaining beaten egg and bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and puffy.