Savoury Turkey Dinner Pie
- PREP TIME:
- BAKE TIME:
- TOTAL TIME:
- Savoury Turkey Dinner Pie
- 1 sheet of Tenderflake® Rolled Puff Pastry
- 1 cup (250 mL) sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) of water
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt for water
- 2 turkey cutlets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh sage, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. (45 mL) butter
- 2 tbsp. (30 mL) flour
- ¼ cup (60 mL) & 1tbsp. (15 mL) heavy cream
- 1 cup (250 mL) chicken stock
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) thyme, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 1/2 cup (250 mL) fresh peas
- 1 egg yolk
- Cranberry sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh cranberries (or frozen thawed)
- 2 tbsp. (30 mL) fine sugar
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) lemon juice
- Thaw pastry according to package instructions. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a small pot, boil water, potatoes and salt until potatoes are tender, 10-15 minutes. Strain water, place potatoes in a bowl with 2 tsp. of butter and mash with a fork. Set aside.
- Prepare cranberry sauce and set aside. Follow instructions below.
- In a skillet over medium high heat, cook turkey with 1 tbsp. of butter, garlic and sage, 8-10 minutes. Remove turkey from skillet and set aside in a bowl. Return skillet to heat and whisk together remaining butter and flour, cook for 2 minutes. Pour in cream, chicken stock and thyme, whisking continuously until gravy has thickened, roughly 5 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Pour . cup of gravy over cooked turkey, reserve remaining gravy for serving.
- Unfold pastry onto your work surface and cut 4, 7-inch round circles. Discard remaining pastry. Transfer pastry with parchment paper onto a baking tray. Using a pairing knife, create a decorative pattern on the tops of two pastry circles. Place baking tray into freezer to firm up pastry, 5 minutes.
- Remove baking tray from freezer. Divide sweet potato, peas and turkey between the two undecorated pastry rounds leaving a .-inch boarder. Top with 1 tbsp. cranberry sauce.
- In a small bowl whisk together egg yolk and 1 tbsp. of cream, brush edges with a pastry brush. Place the remaining pastry rounds, decorative side up, on top of the cranberry sauce. Gently press down on sides to seal, use the tines of a fork to create a decorative seal. Brush the top pastry with egg wash. Poke two holes in the top and
- bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Garnish with sage leaf and serve with extra gravy and cranberry sauce. Enjoy!
- Tips: Prep Time: 50 minutes
- Cranberry sauce
- In a mini food processor, add all ingredients and pulse together, keeping a chunky
- consistency. Pour in to a bowl and set-aside until ready to use.
- * In a small saucepot, warm reserved cranberry sauce and serve with pithivier's.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Makes: 2