Skip to main content
- PREP TIME:
- BAKE TIME:
- TOTAL TIME:
- 1 box of Tenderflake® Pie Shells
- ½ cup (125 mL) red onion diced
- ¾ cup (375 mL) red pepper sliced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) olive oil
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) ground cumin
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) smoked paprika
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) ground coriander
- ½ cup (125 mL) cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup (250 mL) chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (250 mL) crushed low-sodium canned tomatoes
- 3 lg. eggs
- ¼ cup (60 mL) crumbled feta
- Handful each fresh basil and cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- Plain yogurt for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Remove pie shells from foil plate and place one inside the other into a 7- inch round skillet. Press edges together and use a fork to seal. Bake for 7 minutes or until crust is a light golden colour.
- In a large pan over medium high heat add olive oil, onion, garlic and pepper slices - sautéing until fragrant and vegetables are tender (approximately 5-10 minutes). Stir in cumin, paprika, coriander, tomatoes, chickpeas and crushed tomatoes and cook for another 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon mixture into cooked pie shell. Make 3 wells with a spoon and crack an egg into each well. Sprinkle with feta and return to oven for 15 minutes or until eggs are just done.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and cilantro. Serve with yogurt if using.