Skip to main content
Sweet Potato Pie
- PREP TIME:
- BAKE TIME:
- TOTAL TIME:
- 3 Eggs
- ¾ cup (175 mL) Dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Allspice
- ½ tsp (2 mL) Ground ginger
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) Salt
- ½ cup (125 mL) Evaporated milk
- 4 tsp (20 mL) Lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Vanilla extract
- 2 cups (500 mL) Mashed cooked sweet potato
- 2 Tenderflake® Frozen Pie Shells, thawed
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F (200°C).
- WHISK together eggs, sugar, all spice, ginger, salt, milk, lemon juice and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Gradually whisk egg mixture into sweet potatoes to combine.
- POUR the filling into 2 unbaked pie crusts and place on a baking sheet.
- BAKE in a preheated oven for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°F (160°C) and continue baking for an additional 20-25 minutes or until the center is set. If edge of crust gets too dark during baking simply lay a piece of foil loosely over the pies. Remove from oven and allow to cool before serving.