Skip to main content
Turkey Taco Pie
- PREP TIME:
- BAKE TIME:
- TOTAL TIME:
- 1 Tenderflake® Frozen Deep Dish Pie Shell
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Olive oil
- 1 Pkg (454 g) Maple Leaf Prime Naturally® Extra Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 Small onion, chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Pkg (35 g) Taco seasoning
- 1 cup (250 mL) Corn, canned or frozen
- 1 cup (250 mL) Grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) Shredded lettuce
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Sour cream
- BAKE pie shell according to package directions. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F (190°C).
- HEAT oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add turkey and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5-6 minutes, breaking apart with a wooden spoon. Add onion and continue to cook for 4-5 minutes. Stir in garlic and taco seasoning, cook for 1-2 minutes. Add 1 cup (250 mL) of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and continue to cook for 7-8 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Stir in corn.
- TRANSFER the turkey mixture to the baked pie shell. Top with cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from the oven and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- TOP with lettuce, tomato and sour cream. Serve with salsa.