White Chocolate Snowball Pocket Pies
- PREP TIME:
- BAKE TIME:
- TOTAL TIME:
- 2 TENDERFLAKE® Frozen Deep Dish Pie Shells
- .33 cup (75 mL) Shredded sweetened coconut, toasted .
- .33 cup (75 mL) White chocolate chips
- 1 Egg white
- 1 Egg white
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Milk
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F (200°C).
- REMOVE pie shells from freezer and allow to thaw at room temperature for 10 - 15 minutes.
- REMOVE pie shells from foil onto a clean, flat, lightly floured work surface. If cracks appear in pastry, press together and repair using fingers moistened with water.
- CUT out six shapes from each pie shell using a (2-3/4-inch x 4-inch/ 7 cm x 10 cm) cookie cutter. Set any leftover dough aside.
- MIX coconut, chocolate chips and egg white in a small bowl. Divide mixture evenly between 6 cut outs, mounding in centre and leaving a Œ-inch (5 mm) border. Top with remaining cut outs. Gently press edges together, and crimp with a fork.
- BRUSH tops lightly with milk and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until pastry is golden. Allow pies to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Top baked pies with a dusting of icing sugar to give a "snow" look.
- If dough gets too warm while preparing pies, refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before baking.
- Use any leftover dough to cut out shapes to decorate top. Brush back with milk or egg wash to affix to pie and bake as directed above.
- Decorate your pies with sprinkles by brushing top with milk or egg wash, adding your favourite sprinkles and bake as directed above.
- Allow pies to cool completely if using decorative icing.