Apple and Cranberry Galette
- PREP TIME:
- BAKE TIME:
- TOTAL TIME:
- 2 Tenderflake® Regular Pie Shells
- 1/3 cup (78ml) pumpkin seeds, finely chopped
- 3 apples, peeled and sliced ¼ inch thick
- ¾ cup (177ml) cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2/3 cup (158ml) white sugar
- 3 Tbsp. (44ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5ml) grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp (2.5ml) cinnamon
- Pinch of allspice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) cold, unsalted butter, cut into small piece
- 2 Tbsp. (30ml) coarse sugar
- Thaw pie shells according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Turn one pie shell out onto a 9 x 11 sheet of parchment. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds, place second pie shell on top. Dust with 1 Tbsp. flour and gently roll out to a 13-inch circle. Transfer the parchment and pie dough to a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, toss the apples, cranberries, sugar, remaining 2 Tbsp. of flour, lemon zest, cinnamon, allspice, salt and butter in a large bowl. Spread the filling over the dough, mounding it slightly in the center and leaving a 2-inch border.
- Fold the edge of the dough over the filling and brush the edge with water and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake for 50 mins or until the filling is soft and bubbling, and the crust is golden brown.