Skip to main content
Asian Handheld Pie
- PREP TIME:
- BAKE TIME:
- TOTAL TIME:
- 2 TENDERFLAKE® Frozen Deep Dish Pie Shells
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) MAPLE LEAF Prime Fully Cooked and Sliced Chicken Breast or leftover chicken, thinly sliced into ¼ inch (5 mm) wide strips
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Soy sauce
- 3 tsp (15 mL) Teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Honey
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Finely grated ginger
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Grated carrot
- 3 tsp (15 mL) Toasted sesame seeds, divided
- 1 Egg, beaten
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F (200°C).
- REMOVE pie shells from freezer and allow to thaw at room temperature for 10 - 15 minutes.
- MIX together chicken, green onion, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, honey, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, carrot and 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame seeds and set aside.
- REMOVE pie shells from foil, and gently flatten onto clean, flat, lightly floured work surface. If cracks appear in pastry, press together and repair using fingers moistened with water. Cut four 3 inch (8 cm) squares from each pie shell.
- DIVIDE the chicken mixture evenly between 4 squares, mounding in the centre and leaving a Œ inch (5 mm) pastry edge.
- BRUSH edges of pastry around the filling with beaten egg. Top with remaining 4 squares of pastry. Gently press edges together, and crimp with a fork. Brush tops with beaten egg and sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds.
- BAKE for 12-15 minutes, or until pastry is golden. Allow pies to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with plum sauce or sweet and sour sauce for dipping.