Asparagus and Prosciutto Tart
- PREP TIME:
- BAKE TIME:
- TOTAL TIME:
- 1/2 (397g) Package Tenderflake® Puff Pastry, thawed
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup (225 mL) Spreadable cream cheese
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Lemon zest
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Each chopped chives, mint, parsley
- ½ tsp (2 mL) Fresh cracked pepper
- 4 Slices prosciutto
- 1/2 lb (225g) Asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp Good quality olive oil
- PREHEAT oven to 400F (200C).
- ROLL out the pastry to a 6 x12-inch (15 x 30 cm) rectangle. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Score a œ-inch (1.25 cm) border, making sure you don't go all the way through the base. Prick all over the base with a fork, brush the edges of the tart with beaten egg and bake for 12 min.
- MIX the cream cheese, lemon zest, herbs and black pepper.
- REMOVE tray from the oven, gently press down center of the tart and spread with cheese mixture. Lay prosciutto in a single layer over top. Place asparagus along length of the tart, alternating direction of the tips. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- BAKE for 15 mins more. Slice and serve warm with a drizzle of olive oil.