Bacon and Double Cheese Quiche Mini Tarts
- PREP TIME:
- BAKE TIME:
- TOTAL TIME:
- 1 pkg Tenderflake® Mini-Tart Shells
- 6 strips Maple Leaf bacon
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1½ cups (375ml) table cream
- 2 tsp (10ml) fresh thyme, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper
- ½ cup (125ml ) Gruyère cheese, shredded
- ½ cup (125ml white cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375?F (190?C).
- In a large, flat-bottomed fry pan, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towel to drain. Crumble, or cut bacon into small pieces.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, fresh thyme, salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into cooked and cooled mini-tart shells.
- Sprinkle the cooked bacon and cheeses over the egg mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake in preheated 375?F (190?C) oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until quiche is set and pastry golden.
- Using oven mitts, remove baking sheet from oven.