Skip to main content
Bunny's Carrot Brunch
- PREP TIME:
- BAKE TIME:
- TOTAL TIME:
- 1 Package (397 g) Tenderflake® Frozen Puff Pastry, defrosted
- ¼ cup (60 mL) Carrot juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Tomato paste
- 10 Hard boiled eggs, peeled
- ¼ cup (60 mL) Mayonnaise
- 1 Carrot, grated
- 2 Green onions, finely chopped
- Dash of hot sauce
- 30 Sprigs of dill
- Special Equipment: Cream Horn Moulds
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut puff pastry in half. Place each half of pastry on a lightly floured surface and using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll each to a 9 œ" x16" (25×40 cm) rectangle. Using a pizza cutter or very sharp knife, cut pasty into œ" (1 cm) strips. Wrap each strip, slightly overlapping around a 4" (8 cm) cream horn mould. Gently press in the end to secure.
- MIX carrot juice and tomato paste. Brush each pastry with mixture and place, seam-side down on a parchment paper lined baking tray.
- BAKE in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Carefully remove from horn moulds. Set aside.
- GRATE the hard-boiled eggs using a box grater; mix in mayonnaise, carrot, green onion and hot sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Gently stuff or pipe (using a piping bag) each cooled carrot form with egg salad and place a sprig of dill on top of each one to resemble carrot tops.
- If you can't find cream horns, try making your own using heavy-duty aluminum foil wrapped around Bristol board as a mould. Bake in batches if you don't have enough moulds.