Butterscotch Banana Cream Pie
- PREP TIME:
- BAKE TIME:
- TOTAL TIME:
- 1 Tenderflake® Frozen Deep Dish Pie Shell, defrosted
- 1 cup (250 mL) Firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Cornstarch
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) Milk
- 2 Egg yolks
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Butter
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Vanilla
- 2 Bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Nutriwhip® Whipped Topping, whipped
- BAKE pie shell according to package directions.
- COMBINE brown sugar and cornstarch in a heavy saucepan. Beat œ cup (125 mL) of milk with the egg yolks and add to the remaining milk. Stir into sugar mixture in saucepan.
- HEAT over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture becomes thick and smooth, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla. Place plastic wrap directly on the surface and allow to cool.
- POUR butterscotch mixture into the baked pie shell. Cool completely and arrange banana slices in overlapping circles on top of the filling. Cover with whipped topping.