Chinese Scallion Pancakes
- PREP TIME:
- BAKE TIME:
- TOTAL TIME:
- 1/2 Pkg (397 g) Package Tenderflake® Puff Pastry
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped (one onion reserved for dipping sauce)
- 2 Tbsp. (30ml) toasted sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) sesame oil
- ½ tsp (2.5ml) kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp. (30ml) vegetable oil
- Flour for dusting
- Dipping Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. (30ml) soy sauce
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) water
- 2 tsp (10ml) rice vinegar
- 1 tsp (5ml) honey
- 1 tsp (5ml) toasted sesame oil
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Thaw puff pastry according to package instructions.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface into a 9"x12" rectangle. Lightly brush with sesame oil, then sprinkle it evenly with the chopped scallions, sesame seeds and kosher salt.
- Cut into 4 quarters. Starting from the bottom of one square, roll the dough up tightly into a rope of dough. Repeat with the 3 other squares.
- Take one of these ropes and coil into a circle like a cinnamon bun. Repeat this process with the 3 remaining ropes.
- Lightly dust dough circles with flour. Using a rolling pin, flatten each coil of dough into a pancake, about 4 inches wide.
- Heat a medium skillet pan over medium low heat, add a drizzle of vegetable oil. Lay the pancake gently in the pan and cover pan with a lid. Cook for 2 mins per side. Remove lid and cook for another 1 minute on each side.
- For the dipping sauce, place all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk together. Cut pancakes into wedges and serve with dipping sauce.
- Tips: *This recipe was previously made with Tenderflake® Rolled Puff Pastry Sheets and has been reformatted for the Puff Pastry Block.