Chocolate Caramel Pie
- PREP TIME:
- BAKE TIME:
- TOTAL TIME:
- 1 box Tenderflake® Regular Pie Shells
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter
- 60 vanilla caramel squares
- 1 1/4 cup (300 mL) 35% whipping cream, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Prick bottom and sides of one thawed pie shell with a fork. Bake for 8-10 min. (If the pie shell puffs during baking, re-prick and continue to bake. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, flatten the second thawed crust and cut into shapes with your favourite cookie cutters. Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet until golden and crisp, about 8-10 min. Let cool completely.
- In saucepan, combine butter, caramel squares and 1/4 cup of the whipping cream. Heat over medium heat, stirring often, about 4 min. Pour into crust; let cool for one hour.
- In another saucepan, combine chocolate chips and remaining whipping cream, heat over medium heat and stir until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Drizzle about 1/4 cup of melted chocolate over cut pastry pieces and top with toffee bits.
- Pour remaining chocolate over caramel filling and let cool completely. Chill in the refrigerator until set, at least 4 hours and up to 2 days. Top with pastry pieces before serving.