Skip to main content
Chocolate Pumpkin Pie
- PREP TIME:
- BAKE TIME:
- TOTAL TIME:
- Pie Filling
- 1 Tenderflake® Regular Pie Shell
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) of canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup (125ml) white sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1ml) salt
- 3/4 tsp (4ml) cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1ml) ginger
- 1/4 tsp (1ml) cloves
- 1/4 tsp (1ml) nutmeg
- 1/4 cup (59ml) 35% whipping cream
- ½ cup (125ml) chocolate chips
- Maple Whipped Cream
- 1/3 cup (78ml) 35% whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. (30ml) maple syrup
- Thaw pastry according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the canned pumpkin in a bowl and beat the eggs in with a whisk. Mix in the sugar, salt, spices and whipping cream until well combined.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave in a small bowl in 10 second intervals until smooth. Remove 1/2 cup of the pumpkin filling and blend into the chocolate.
- Fill the pie shells 1/3 of the way full with the pumpkin filling. Drizzle in the chocolate pumpkin filling and swirl the mixture with the tip of a knife.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until crust is golden.
- Using an electric mixer whip the 35% whipping cream and maple syrup together until soft peaks form. Top pie with whipped cream just before serving.