Skip to main content
Deep Dish Ham Quiche
- PREP TIME:
- BAKE TIME:
- TOTAL TIME:
- 1 Tenderflake® Deep Dish Pie Shell
- 2 tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30ml) unsalted butter
- 1 Vidalia or sweet onion, thinly sliced
- ¾ lb (340g) smoked ham, cubed into ¼-½"(1-2 cm) pieces
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup (125ml) milk
- ½ cup (125ml) table cream
- 2 tbsp (30ml) fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper
- Prepare Tenderflake® Deep Dish Pie Shell as per package directions. Using oven mitts, remove from oven, set aside to cool.
- In a large, flat-bottomed fry pan, melt the olive oil and unsalted butter. Cook the onions over low - medium heat, until softened, approx. 15 minutes. Add cubed ham to pan and cook for 5 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 375?F (190?C).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cream and parsley, and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the onion and ham mixture in the cooked and cooled deep dish pie crust. Pour the egg mixture over the top.
- Place on a baking sheet, in preheated oven, and cook for 50 - 55 minutes.