Skip to main content
Easy Tomato Tarts
- PREP TIME:
- BAKE TIME:
- TOTAL TIME:
- ½ (397 g) Package Tenderflake® Frozen Puff Pastry
- 1 cup (250 mL) Grated Asiago cheese
- 3 Medium tomatoes, (heirloom variety if available), sliced into 10 - ¼" (5 mm) slices
- 1-2 tbsp (15-30 mL) Olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) Goat cheese, crumbled
- Small basil leaves for garnish
- Flaked sea salt
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F (190°C).
- ROLL out puff pastry on a lightly floured work surface, using a lightly floured rolling pin to a 10x14" (25x35 cm) rectangle. Using a 4" (10cm) round cut pastry into 10 rounds. Transfer to a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Prick each pastry round all over with a fork. Sprinkle each with Asiago cheese. Top with a slice of tomato, drizzle with olive oil and season with pepper.
- BAKE for 25-30 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool. Garnish with basil and sprinkle with goat cheese and flaked sea salt just prior to serving.