Skip to main content
- PREP TIME:
- BAKE TIME:
- TOTAL TIME:
- 1 box Tenderflake® Regular Pie shells
- 1 cup (250ml) salted butter, cubed
- 1 cup (250ml) soft light brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups (500ml) chocolate chips
- ½ (125ml) cup chopped nuts or holiday sprinkles
- Thaw pastry according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. Remove both pie shells from their foil tins, and press into the cookie sheet using your fingers. Using a fork, poke holes over the surface of the pie dough. Bake for 12 mins.
- Place the butter and sugar in a medium sized pot over medium-low heat. Stir until the butter is melted. Once the butter has melted, bring to a boil for 4 minutes, stirring constantly until golden brown in colour. Remove pan from heat and pour caramel mixture evenly over the baked pie crust. Spread mixture to the edges with a spatula.
- Place cookie sheet back in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove sheet from oven and allow to cool slightly. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the caramel and allow to rest for 5 minutes until the chocolate has melted, then spread with a spatula. Sprinkle nuts or candy on top and then place in the freezer for 15 minutes. Once chocolate has hardened, break pieces off and store in a container. It will stay fresh for 1 - 2 weeks.