Skip to main content
Holiday Pumpkin Pie
- PREP TIME:
- BAKE TIME:
- TOTAL TIME:
- 2 TENDERFLAKE® Frozen Deep Dish Pie Shells
- .75 cup (175 mL) Lightly packed brown sugar
- .5 tsp (2 mL) Salt 1 tsp (5 mL) Cinnamon
- .25 tsp (1 mL) Nutmeg
- .25 tsp (1 mL) Ginger
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1.5 cups (375 mL) Canned pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1.5 (375 mL) Light (5%) cream
- 12 Fresh cranberries
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Corn syrup
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Sugar
- PREHEAT oven to 450°F (230°C). Remove pie shells from freezer and allow to thaw at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- REMOVE one pie shell from foil onto a clean, flat, lightly floured work surface. If cracks appear in pastry, press together and repair using fingers moistened with water.
- CUT out small Thanksgiving or Christmas holiday shapes using a small cookie cutter. Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet and set aside.
- MIX together brown sugar, salt and spices in a large bowl. Stir in remaining filling ingredients and beat until smooth.
- POUR into remaining unbaked pie shell.
- BAKE pie and pastry cut outs in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350ºF (180ºC) and continue baking cut outs for an additional 5 minutes or until golden brown. Continue baking pie for 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in the centre of the pie comes out clean.
- REMOVE pie from oven and allow to cool.
- TOSS cranberries in corn syrup until all sides are coated then roll in sugar.
- TOP cooled pie with pastry cut outs and sugared cranberries just before serving.