Skip to main content
- PREP TIME:
- BAKE TIME:
- TOTAL TIME:
- 2 Tenderflake® Frozen Deep Dish Pie Shells
- Egg, plus 2 yolks
- 2 cups (500 mL) Canned pure pumpkin
- 5 cup (125 mL) Half and half cream (10%)
- .25 cup (60 mL) Butter, melted
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Vanilla extract
- .5 cup (125 mL) Light brown sugar
- .5 cup (125 mL) Sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Cinnamon
- .5 tsp (2 mL) Ginger
- .25 tsp (1 mL) Ground cloves
- PREHEAT oven to 450°F (230°C). Remove pie shells from freezer and allow to thaw at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- REMOVE 1 pie shell from foil onto a clean, flat, lightly floured work surface. If cracks appear in pastry, press together and repair using fingers moistened with water.
- CUT out small leaf shapes using a cookie cutter or sharp knife. Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet and set aside.
- Whisk eggs and yolks together in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine until smooth. Pour into remaining unbaked pie shell.
- BAKE pie and pastry cut outs in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350ºF (180ºC) and continue baking cut outs for an additional 5 minutes or until golden brown. Continue baking pie for 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in the centre of the pie comes out clean.
- REMOVE pie from oven and allow to cool. Top cooled pie with pastry cut outs.