Skip to main content
Quick Summer Berry Pie
- PREP TIME:
- BAKE TIME:
- TOTAL TIME:
- 4 Tenderflake® Tart Shells
- 2 ½ cups (592ml) assorted berries
- 1 tsp (5ml) cornstarch
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 Tbsp. (45ml) sugar, plus 1 Tbsp. (15ml)for sprinkling
- ½ tsp (2.5ml) cinnamon
- Thaw pastry according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, mix together the berries, cornstarch, lemon zest and 3 Tbsp. (14ml) sugar. Distribute the berries evenly between 4 3oz ramekins.
- Place the tart shells upside down on a piece of parchment paper. Using your hands flatten into a disc, shaping together any cracks in the dough. Use a wooden skewer to make a few holes in the top.
- Mix together the remaining 1 Tbsp. (15ml) sugar and the cinnamon. Sprinkle over the pie tops and microwave for 2 minutes at 700 wattage. Repeat for the remaining two tart shells and set aside.
- Place the 4 ramekins in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 700 wattage. Top each ramekin with a pie top. Let the pies rest for about 5 minutes before serving.