Roasted Vegetable Puff Pastry Bundles
- PREP TIME:
- BAKE TIME:
- TOTAL TIME:
- 1 box of Tenderflake® Puff Pastry Sheets (thawed)
- ½ red pepper seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion peeled and quartered
- 1 each small green and yellow zucchini thinly sliced into rounds
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp. (45 mL) olive oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) goat cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh basil, leaves chiffonade
- 2 tbsp. (30 mL) coarse sea salt
- Thaw pastry according to package instructions.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F (176°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, toss vegetables in olive oil. Grill vegetables for 5-10 minutes, until slightly tender. Transfer to the same large mixing bowl and toss with garlic and basil; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Unfold one puff pastry sheet onto your work surface. Use the parchment paper to line the baking tray. Cut pastry into 4, 5×5-inch squares.
- Arrange roughly 1/2 cup of vegetables diagonally onto each square. Divide and crumble goat cheese on top of vegetables.
- Fold the two opposite corners of pastry towards the center and overlap to seal.
- Transfer pastry bundles to baking tray. Sprinkle with sea salt. Repeat with second pastry sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until pastry is golden brown. Garnish with freshly ground pepper and small basil leaves.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- Tips: Tip: use a bit of water to help seal pastry