Rustic Raspberry Rounds with Mint Syrup
- PREP TIME:
- BAKE TIME:
- TOTAL TIME:
- Mint Syrup
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) water
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) sugar
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) lemon juice
- 3 sprigs fresh mint
- ½ package Tenderflake® puff pastry, thawed
- Flour for rolling out the dough
- 1 egg yolk
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) sugar
- 500 ml (2 cups) fresh raspberries
- A few sprigs fresh mint
- For syrup: Combine water and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat until sugar is completely dissolved, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat, add lemon juice and mint sprigs. Cover and let infuse for 10 minutes.
- Filter and chill about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Using aluminum foil, form 4 circles of 6 cm diameter each.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out block of dough to about 3 mm thickness.
- Use the tip of a knife to cut out 4 circles. Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and place a foil circle in the centre of each circle. Gently raise the edges of the dough and fold over the foil circles without squeezing.
- Make a glaze by beating the egg yolk with 5 ml (1 tsp) water.
- Brush the glaze on the outside of the dough and sprinkle with sugar.
- Chill dough in fridge for 10 minutes. Dough must be well chilled before baking.
- Bake on middle rack for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and let cool. Gently remove the aluminum foil.
- Garnish rounds with raspberries, a drizzle of mint syrup and mint leaves.
- For a richer version, garnish raspberries with Dulce de Leche, peanut butter or a mixture of the two.