Spring Bouquet Berry Pie
- PREP TIME:
- BAKE TIME:
- TOTAL TIME:
- 1 pkg Tenderflake® Regular Pie Shell
- 4 cups (946 mL) frozen mixed berries (any combination will work)
- 3/4 (177 mL) cup sugar
- 1/4 (60 mL) cup tapioca starch
- 1 tbsp (10 mL) lemon zest and juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) milk
- 2 tbsp coarse sugar mixed with 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) coarse sugar mixed with 1 tsp cinnamon
- Flatten a thawed pastry shell and use flower shaped cookie cutters to make cut-outs. Reroll any scraps and use to make remaining shapes.
- In large bowl, combine fruit, sugar, tapioca, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla and let stand 15 minutes.
- In small bowl, whisk together egg and milk
- Fill bottom crust with fruit mixture and top decoratively with pastry flowers and leaves, overlapping slightly. Brush with egg mixture and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake in a 400°F (205°C) oven for 25 min. Reduce heat to 350°F (176°C) and bake just until curst is golden and juices are bubbling, about 30 minutes. Allow pie to cool for at least one hour before slicing.