Strawberry Whipped Cream With Puff Pastry
- PREP TIME:
- BAKE TIME:
- TOTAL TIME:
- 1 package (397 g) Tenderflake® Frozen Puff Pastry, defrosted
- 1 Egg
- 1.5 cups (375 mL) Whipping cream (35%)
- .66 cup (150 mL) Seedless strawberry jam
- 2 cups (500 mL) Diced fresh strawberries
- .25 cup (60 mL) White balsamic vinegar
- Icing sugar
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F (200°C). On a lightly floured work surface with a lightly floured rolling pin, roll each puff pastry square to a 9"x6" (23×15 cm) rectangle. Whisk egg with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of water. Brush over pastry. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and crispy. Cut each rectangle into six equal pieces.
- HEAT vinegar in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook stirring occasionally until thickened to a syrup and reduced by half. Let cool. Drizzle vinegar syrup over fresh strawberries, toss gently to coat.
- BEAT whipping cream and jam together, using a stand mixer or electric beater until firm peaks form.
- ASSEMBLE by topping four pieces of puff pastry with Œ cup (60 mL) of whipped strawberry cream, then another puff pastry, followed by another 1/4 cup (60 mL) of whipped strawberry cream. Top with final puff pastry squares. Divide strawberries between the four desserts and garnish with a dusting of icing sugar.