Skip to main content
Three-Cheese Tomato Tart
- PREP TIME:
- BAKE TIME:
- TOTAL TIME:
- 1 Tenderflake® deep dish all vegetable shortening pie shell
- 1 475g container ricotta cheese
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) crumbled feta cheese
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 7.5 ml (1/2 tbsp) Italian seasoning
- Dash olive oil
- A few fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Prick bottom of pie shell and bake on lower rack for 5 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350°F.
- In a bowl, mix ricotta cheese, feta cheese, Parmesan cheese, eggs and minced garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour three-cheese mixture into the prebaked pie shell and bake on lower rack for approximately 25 minutes.
- While tart is baking, sprinkle sliced tomatoes with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- When tart is ready, remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Garnish with tomatoes (do not add liquid that accumulated in the bowl), olive oil and basil leaves.