Triple Blueberry Honey Tart
- PREP TIME:
- BAKE TIME:
- TOTAL TIME:
- 1 Tenderflake® regular pie shell
- 750 ml (3 cups) frozen blueberries
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) honey
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) cornstarch dissolved in 30 ml (2 tbsp) cold water
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) + 500 ml (2 cups) fresh blueberries
- Prick piecrust with a fork and bake according to package directions, until golden brown.
- Combine frozen blueberries, honey, sugar and salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Slowly pour the cornstarch into the blueberry mixture, stirring constantly. Cook until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Remove and cool to room temperature. Add lime zest and juice along with 1/2 cup fresh blueberries. Pour into cooked pie shell and garnish with remaining fresh blueberries.
- Chill 2 hours or until the blueberry filling is firmly set.
- Tips: **Those with adventurous palates can add a touch of freshly grated ginger when cooking the blueberries.